Below is information to help you to run a successful business. It is organised into three topics aligned with the Pakihi workshops: Getting Into Business; Improving Profitability; and Marketing and Networks.
Getting Into Business
- Is Your Idea any Good?
- Who Are Your Customers?
- Your Unique Selling Point (USP)
- Market Research
- Will You Make a Profit?
- Forces With and Against You
- How Much Money do you Need to Get Started?
- Should I Buy a Business or Start a New One?
- Funding the Business
- Choosing a Business Structure
- Laws and Regulations
- Taxes and Levies
- What is Profit and What is Profitability?
- How is my Profit and Loss Statement Useful?
- Calculating Profitability Ratios
- The Difference Between Cashflow and Profit
- Understanding Your Costs
- Break-Even Analysis
- How Much Do You Need to Sell to Reach Your Profit Goal?
- The Cost of a Discount
- Improving Profitability
- Managing Cashflows